I’ve had this Tumblr for over two freaking years.
You are all the most knowledgeable and attractive people ever, you have ruined me for OKCupid.
I have become a million times more jaded about
- social justice
- white people
- and yes I’m half white
- that includes myself
- self-loathing is basically my MO
Nerd scenes and fandoms are still brimming with unaddressed racism.
People still promote bunches of women sf authors that are all white.
Neckbeards, neckbeards everywhere.
But in the past few years a lot of amazing WOC authors have entered the scene. Media-making of every kind is getting more accessible than ever. I have gotten tangled up with this AMC thing. I TOTALLY MET PEOPLE LIKE MMM AND DORIAN AND JAYMEE IRL!
It’s kind of amazing how much more awesome your life gets when you start learning not to be ashamed of what you are.
ilu all. in conclusion,
O HAI GUISE IM ALIVE
- I GOT SUCKED INTO LIEK REDDIT AND MINECRAFT AND SHIT
- AND MISSED POSTING RLY IMPORTANT SHIT LIKE ANDREA HAIRSTON WINNING THE TIPTREE
- AND THE NEBULA NOMINEES ARE OUT BECAUSE THE NEBULAS ARE COMING UP REAL SOON AND ALL KINDS OF COOL PPL AND BOOKS AND STUFF GOT NOMINATED LIKE N. K. JEMISIN, ALIETTE DE BODARD, E. LILY YU, NNEDI OKORAFOR, GREG VAN EEKHOUT, AND ATTACK THE BLOCK (WHICH WILL TOTALLY LOSE OUT TO ANOTHER FUCKING DOCTOR WHO EPISODE BUT WHATEVER).
- I WILL BE TOO BROKE TO GO TO WISCON
- AND PROBABLY TOO BUSY DOING COOL SHIT IN TORONTO
- BUT ANYWAY, TO THE REAL REASON I CAME BACK TO TUMBLR
- I JUST NEEDED SOMEONE WHO WOULD UNDERSTAND WHEN I FEEL THE NEED TO SPEAK IN ALLCAPS AND BULLET POINTS AND SAY
- LOL. WHITE. FEMINISTS.
Taking a bit of a Tumblr holiday because
- I haven’t seen the latest Sherlock yet
- This week is super busy because there’s like
- Two co-op meetings and two city council committee meetings
- The last two I don’t actually have to be at but city council is voting on the budget next week
- And I have to prep shit for next weekend’s trip to Detroit (!!!)
- And I have to keep on top of my 2 freelance gigs
- I can’t possibly sit in on a committee meeting and go to a co-op meeting and go to karaoke and pack for Detroit at the same time
- Karaoke is technically not an essential
- But the girl I like goes to karaoke
- And if I don’t kiss her again before I go to Detroit I will just dieeee~
- What if she doesn’t like me as much as I like her?!?!
- Tumblr, I think you can understand the mental strain
- And I’ve fallen behind on my RSS feeds and my current reading is just shit by old white men so there’s not much to blog about atm
- I’m glad you’re here for me Tumblr
Can you tell I’m procrastinating? I made a chart of my posts (you can find the numbers in the archive under Go to Month).
- Sept. 2010: Quit my job
- Dec. 2010: Depressive slump, holiday stuff?
- May 2011: Depressive slump
- Jul-Aug 2011: Longer days, more waking time?
Anyway, I have a second job now for an indefinite period, which is keeping me too busy to catch up on Tumblr. If there’s anything you really think I should see, tag it #for the herd! or submit it.
ETA: This might turn out to be a good way to track long-term depressive cycles, now that I think about it.
won’t be posting much, neurotransmitter trouble, body giviandflkjadlkjfadja;kj; owi;fa jdnbg
It’s one of those days
where a grocery run tires you out so much that all you can manage is a couple reblogs then paging through a liam neeson tumblr
I’m gonna take a nap and use the cat for a pillow
I love you, Tumblr, but you are bringing me too much fuckery.
Gotta take a break from reading and just stick to posting original stuff because I can’t deal with my dash. Jesus Haploid Christ, people.
Apologies for my absence
I’m apparently becoming one of those City Council-watchers. It’s the dweeby version of being a sports fan.
Started a side-blog for off-topic stuff
like poverty, religion, local issues, and so on. So if you see tbellwoods reblogging your stuff, that’s me.
My wild life
…sippin’ mint tea, doing data entry, listening to the mellifluous voice of Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
Too tired to post much, but I can muster up the energy to click the little heart, so if you’re starved for content check out my likes (often, but I can’t promise always, nerdy).
P. S. Taking my cat to the vet tomorrow about her itchy ears, wish me luck.
P. P. S. I like this co-host (Leighann Lord) better than the regular one. I feel a bit guilty for it but damn it it’s nice to have another geek on there for a change.