Y’all couldn’t even handle white history month
No, I mean it, I’d love for you to have one but you couldn’t deal.
A single month highlighting every atrocity committed by white society?
Little white chillins would go home and slit their wrists.
Make it one of the long ones like October or something
In no particular order:
- Columbus and the conquistadors
- European antisemitism, antiziganism, pogroms and the Holocaust
- The triangle trade and slavery in the British Empire & U. S.
- Lynching and Jim Crow
- The invention of gynecology, the Tuskegee experiment, Mississippi appendectomies
- South African apartheid
- King Leopold and the Belgian Congo
- The Chinese Immigration Act/Chinese Exclusion Act and the head tax
- Japanese-American/Japanese-Canadian internment
- Residential schools, Indian boarding schools
- Stolen Generations
- The Philippine-American War
- The Iran-Contra affair
- Embargoes against Haiti
- Cecil Rhodes and his legacy
- “White flight” and gentrification
- “First wave” suffragists and race
Feel free to add on…